Saturday, April 24, 2010

Cystic Fibrosis Walk

Today Gary and I participated in a walk for cystic fibrosis to support my father in laws girlfriend's son (that's a mouth full!) His name is Cody and he is 16 and has cystic fibrosis. He alone raised over $7,000! they announced, that i believe he raised the second highest amount of money. Gary and I both did the walk (it was just basically if you were there you could walk in it..) supposedly it was 3 miles but they had it mapped through a park so, I'm not sure how accurate those supposed 3 miles were...most people fizzeled out after 1 or 2 laps around and got in the lunch line but, we went around 3 laps which we guess was 3 miles..after the walk they had a free lunch of hot dogs, hamburgers, chips and drink. you know that was my favorite part! lol. it turned out to be a really nice day mid 70's and sunny but, it started off chilly and cloudy! brrr!
Cody and I with his team sign! GO CODY!!!


here are some facts they had posted along the walk....


1 comment: